Jicama Is Beneficial For The Body – Most users of beauty products certainly know the benefits of Jicama (Pachyrhizus erosus) for skin care. The ability of Jicama to brighten the skin makes it the queen of beauty product.
It turns out that in addition to being beneficial for the skin, Jicama stores a myriad of benefits apparently for the health of the human body. Are you curious what are the benefits of Jicama for body health ? Reporting from this page, see the explanation below :
- Rich in Fiber.Jicama is a good source of fiber. Quote from Healthline, in one cup or 130 gram of raw Jicama contain 6,4 gram dietary fiber. Dietary fiber helps facilitate the expulsion of feces. In addition, jicama contains a fiber called inulin. Studies show that inulin is able to increase the frequency of bowel movements by 31 percent in those with constipation.
Read Also: Jicama, is it vegetables or fruit ?
- Good for intestinal bacteria.Jicama contains high inulin which is a prebiotic fiber used by bacteria in the body beneficial for health. While our digestive system cannot digest or absorb prebiotics such as inulin resulting in bacteria fermenting it. A high diet in prebiotics increases the population of “good” bacteria in your gut and reduces the number of bad bacteria.
Not Just for Skin, Jicama Usefull for Bod
According to Medical News Today, Jicama is a good source of vitamin C. 1 cup or 130 gram serving of raw Jicama contains 26.3 milligrams of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can counteract the effects of oxidative stress in the body.
Read Also: Benefit of Facial Wash You Need To Know
3. Reduce Cancer Risk
- Jicama contains antioxidant vitamins C and E, selenium and beta-carotene. Antioxidants serve to neutralize free radicals that can cause cell damage and cancer. The fiber content in Jicama provides a protective effect against colon cancer. Consumption of more than 27 grams of fiber per day is 50 percent lower risk of developing colon cancer when compared to those who consume less than 11 grams.
- Jicama is a nutrient-dense food that contains high nutrients but low calories. This makes it an option for people who want to lose weight but still get a balance of vitamins and minerals. In addition to being low in sugar and fat, jicama is a substitute for starchy vegetables and high in carbohydrates.
5. Source of antioxidant
- Oxidative stress has been linked to chronic diseases including cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cognitive decline. A diet high in antioxidant-rich foods such as jicama can help fight oxidative stress and because of it can reduce the risk of chronic disease.
6. Preventing blood sugar spikes
- Jicama has a low glycemic index and high in fiber. By regularly consuming jicama as part of a healthy and balanced diet so as a result it can help reduce spikes in your blood sugar levels. Jicama contains potassium which can help lower blood pressure.
Iron and copper for red blood cells help improve blood circulation in the body. It turns out that the benefits of jicama are not only for the skin but also beneficial for the health of the body. After reading this article, let’s regularly consume Jicama or we call it as Bengkoang in Bahasa.***